Leadership Macedonia is the most recent (for now at least) established Lucca affiliate. It has an incredible story and we love every part of it. It is a story that is still developing, changing, growing and opening.
It begins in 2007 when the existence of Lucca was discovered by one curious pianist. After she experienced Lucca leadership programmes she shared the very strong and lasting impressions with a friend psychologist and a friend who was working for a big youth NGO in the Netherlands.
In the meantime a curious computer science student (then a high-school graduate) became aware of the existence of Lucca and her curiosity was tickled as well. She shared it with her friend the architect (then a high school graduate).
The pianist, the psychologist, the youth worker, the computer science student and the architect decided to make a dream come true.
Driven by the need for leadership in Macedonia, with the help and support of few other amazing, creative people they founded Lucca Leadership Macedonia on December 29th 2009. The best way to celebrate the beginning of the New Year.
Since then our story is writing itself, inspired by the openness, determination, personal development, good team work, perseverance, cooperation, trust and love of our team that keeps growing and expanding with every training that we give. And it grows not only in number.
We write the story of Lucca Leadership Macedonia little by little with a lot of passion!
This is what our team thinks and feels. This is what unites us and what keeps us going.
- When I think LLM I see: A great potential for positive change
- When I think LLM I feel: Inspiration, love, hope.
- When I first discovered Lucca I thought: This was the thing missing in my country!
- I stick with LLM because: it is a wonderful live, moving force.
- Describe the training in 3 words: Different, powerful, applicable
- The most important thing I learned in LLM: Service is leadership!
- When I think LLM I see: Young people choosing to make a difference!
- When I think LLM I feel: Oneness and belonging.
- When I first discovered Lucca I thought: I wonder what it takes to create such a safe space for people to go so deep and reveal all those treasures inside of them!
- I stick with LLM because: I grow and become more of what I can be.
- Describe the training in 3 words: Different, deep, inspiring.
- The most important thing I learned in LLM: When I allow my deepest values and intent to guide me, magic effortlessly begins to happen!
- When I think LLM I see: opportunity to make a difference!
- When I think LLM I feel: Love and freedom!
- When I first discovered Lucca I thought: what a great idea and approach!
- I stick with LLM because: it enables me to master myself and enjoy that process!
- Describe the training in 3 words: insightful, enlightening, awareness
- the most important thing I learned in LLM: to trust the process
- When I think LLM I see: Many bright colors. All dancing and laughing. A pretty awesome sight actually.
- When I think LLM I feel: Hopeful and excited.
- When I first discovered Lucca I thought: Yes….makes total sense…this thing works!
- I stick with LLM because: there is absolutely nothing more fulfilling than seeing the shine and excitement in the participants’ eyes at the last day of their training.
- Describe the training in 3 words: Challenging, insightful, fun!
- The most important thing I learned in LLM: Love, serve and fully attend!
- When I think LLM I see: a smiling rainbow of possibility. Yes, I invented this rainbow but I DO see it.
- When I think LLM I feel: centered, connected, love, kindness, JOY
- When I first discovered Lucca I thought: this is the missing part of my puzzle.
- I stick with LLM because: I grow and shine together with people who love to grow and shine.
- Describe the training in 3 words: transformative, uncovering, honest.
- The most important thing I learned in LLM: there are many people who think and feel like me, together we make a difference.
- When I think LLM I see: Many fantastic people with a huge potential for everyday leadership on every level.
- When I think LLM I feel: Passion for positive actions towards positive change.
- When I first discovered Lucca I thought: What an extraordinary opportunity!
- I stick with LLM because: I have had many wonderful encounters and experiences with amazing people, I have learned a lot and I want to spread the message onward, inspiring others as I have been inspired myself.
- Describe the training in 3 words: Promising, Inspiring, Engaging.
- The most important thing I learned in LLM: Devotion to love, serve and fully attend.
We love sharing. That’s why we often share the wisdom of those wise people who walk their walk and talk their talk. Even if they talk about lettuce:
“When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don’t blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce.Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like the lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and arguments.That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding.” – Thich Nhat Hahn
We believe that leadership should sparkle the potential that we all have inside. We guide people to reveal and uncover what’s already inside:
I have come to the frightening conclusion
that I am the decisive element.
It is my personal approach that creates the climate.
It is my daily mood that makes the weather.
I possess tremendous power to make a life miserable or joyous.
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration.
I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal.
In all situations, it is my response that decides
whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated
and a person humanized or dehumanized.
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse.
If we treat people as they ought to be,
we help them become what they are capable of becoming.